Bacon & Eggs never tasted better than this crowd-pleasing and gluten-free Bacon & Egg Galette Recipe.
Bacon & Egg Galette Recipe
12 rashers streaky bacon
1 quantity (500g) gluten-free dough, chilled (see recipe, below)
200g crème fraîche or sour cream
100g grated gruyere
¼ bunch thyme, leaves picked
How to make our Bacon & Egg Galette Recipe
1. Sear bacon in batches in a frying pan over a medium heat until firm and lightly coloured. Set aside to cool.
2, Meanwhile, place chilled dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out to form a 35 x 25cm rectangle. Slide dough, still on bottom sheet of baking paper, onto an oven tray. Chill for 10 minutes to firm.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Remove pastry from fridge and place seared bacon on top, leaving a 4cm border. Top with dollops of crème fraîche and scatter over gruyere and thyme leaves. Using baking paper as an aid, fold pastry edges over topping.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is cooked and golden.
5. Remove from oven and crack eggs on top so they are evenly spaced. Return to oven for another 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
6. Transfer galette to a wire rack to cool slightly. Season then slice and serve.
Gluten-Free Pastry Dough
120g rice flour
120g ground almonds
100g buckwheat flour
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp gluten-free corn flour (cornstarch)
120g unsalted butter, cold and diced
To make gluten-free pastry dough, process all ingredients, except eggs, in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add eggs and 2 tablespoons of water and process to combine. Turn out dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap and bring mixture together using your hands. Shape dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes or until ready to use.