Add some greens to your next brunch and try this Asparagus with Whipped Ricotta, Lemon Oil & Crispy Herbs Recipe. This Greek inspired dish celebrates delicious in-season produce, fresh herbs and the simple flavours of ricotta.
Asparagus with Whipped Ricotta, Lemon Oil & Crispy Herbs Recipe
- 11⁄2 cups ricotta
- 1⁄2 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 bunches baby asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, extra, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup oregano sprigs
- 1⁄4 cup small parsley leaves
How to make this Asparagus with Whipped Ricotta, Lemon Oil & Crispy Herbs Recipe:
1. Place the ricotta, yoghurt and crushed garlic in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and refrigerate until needed.
2. Cook the asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and refresh.
3. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the sliced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In batches, add the oregano sprigs and parsley leaves and cook for 30 seconds, or until crisp.
4. To serve, spoon the ricotta onto a serving plate. Top with the asparagus, crispy garlic and herbs, and drizzle with the oil from the pan.
TIP: Make sure your herbs are patted dry before frying, as they will spit in the hot oil if wet.