Asparagus Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe. Asparagus is available from September to March, and it is the perfection addition to your spring cooking. Delicious, and also nutritious, just one serving (3-4 spears) providing a quarter of daily Vitamin C needs, as well as being a source of B vitamins, potassium and fibre.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Asparagus Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 bunch asparagus (6 – 7 spears)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto 1 – 2 cups rocket
- 2 cups penne, uncooked
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper
How to make Asparagus Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Set aside.
3. On a lined baking tray, add asparagus, tomatoes, garlic and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes have begun to burst.
4. Chop asparagus spears into small bite size pieces and add into a bowl with the tomato, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Add in cooked pasta and pesto. Mix well to ensure the pasta is covered with the pesto!
5. Add the rocket, season with salt, pepper and mix. Eat warm or cold.
Tips: Swap rocket for baby spinach or penne for a spiral pasta for something different!
Alternatives: You can also add some shredded roast chicken in the salad for some extra protein