Almond Jam Drops Recipe
Makes about 20
- 1 vanilla bean
- 100g cold butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 150g plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 150g jam
- 50g sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
How to make our Almond Jam Drops Recipe:
1. Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, then scrape out the seeds. Cut the butter into small pieces. Place the scraped vanilla seeds, butter, icing sugar, ground almonds, flour, salt and egg yolk into a large bowl and knead to a smooth dough.
2. Divide the dough in half, then form each portion into a roll. Wrap each roll in baking paper, then place both rolls in the fridge and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and then line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Take an approximately 20g portion of dough and form into a ball. Place the dough ball on the baking tray, then use your thumb to press a small hollow into the middle.
4. Fill the hollow with jam. Repeat with the remaining dough and jam.
5. Place one tray at a time on the oven’s middle rack and bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
6. Place the sugar and the vanilla sugar on a flat plate and mix to combine. Roll the biscuits in the sugar mixture while they are still warm, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.