Try out this delicious Lemon Shortbread recipe for an easy and tasting baking treat. Try adding in some finely chopped rosemary to the mixture for a delicious twist!
Makes approximately 24
- 175g butter, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- Caster sugar for sprinkling
Lemon Shortbread Method
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, icing sugar and lemon zest until creamy. Sift flour and cornflour together then stir into creamed mixture.
- Turn onto a board and knead to form a smooth ball. Place dough between two pieces of baking paper and roll into a circle about 7–8 mm thick. Cut into desired shapes using biscuit cutters. Place shortbread onto trays. Sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the shortbread is just beginning to turn golden on the edges. Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely, before storing in an airtight container.
For Lemon and Rosemary Shortbread, add 1 tsp very finely chopped rosemary to the creamed mixture before adding the flour.