- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast fillet (around 220g)
- 8 frozen dumplings
- 180g somen noodles
- 2 tablespoons tom yum paste
- 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 2 heads of bok choy
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1–2 teaspoons chilli paste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat and pan-fry the chicken breast for 2 minutes each side. Place in the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking through.
- Boil the dumplings for 1 minute or until thawed. Add the somen noodles and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain. Remove the pan from the oven and set the chicken aside.
- Fry the tom yum paste over medium–high heat for 2 minutes, then pour in the coconut milk. Add ½ cup (125 ml) of water to the tin and swish it around, then add to the pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to combine with the tom yum paste.
- Meanwhile, lightly steam the bok choy.
- Slice the chicken and divide among two shallow bowls, then add the noodles, dumplings and bok choy.
- Pour the broth over the top. Drizzle with sesame oil, then the lime juice and top with as much chilli paste as you can handle.
This recipe is an extract from Every Night of the Week by Lucy Tweed, available now in New Zealand for NZD $40 RRP, and in Australia for AUD $35 RRP.