Liner can also be used to improve the shape of the eyes. Its application needs to be generous enough to be visible when the eyes are open to make the most impact. Many women achieve a beautiful, defined look using liner only on the top lash line. Gel, liquid and cake eyeliner formulas are the longest lasting, but can be tricky to apply. Mastering the technique for using them will be worthwhile.
Always line the whole lid, with a thicker line at the outer corner, gradually thinning the line toward the inner corner.
1. Begin lining in the middle of the lash line and move to the outside corner.
2. Apply the liner in smooth strokes. Gently lift the lid to get close to the lash line.
3. Next, apply the liner all the way to the inner corner of the eye.
4. See the difference with one eye lined.
5. Repeat the process with the other eye.
6. Note the difference when both the eyes are lined.
Tip: Do not leave space between the eyeliner and the lash line. If, after application, there is a small space, fill it in with the same shade of powdered eye shadow.