Giving up all things summer â€“ sun dresses, swimwear and sun-kissed skin â€“ once the temperature drops can be difficult. Fortunately we’ve rounded up the pieces every trans-seasonal wardrobe needs to make transitioning into the cooler months easier.
1. THE DRESS (Zimmermann Bowerbird dress, $795).
Wear it now:Â Add an edgy leather when it gets chilly and you’re good to go.
Wear it in winter: With luxe layers, serious boots and a camel-coloured coat.
2. THE BOOTSÂ (Gucci Marmont fringe suede boots, $1050 from Net-A-Porter).
Wear it now: With miniskirts and lightweight knits.
Wear it in winter:Â There’s not a lot aÂ trusty pair of black suedeÂ boots won’t go with â€“ try teaming with leather pants when winter strikes.
3. THE JEANSÂ (Frame jeans, $495 from Superette).
Wear it now:Â With a crisp white structured shirt and a khaki trench.
Wear it in winter: With flat ankle boots and this season’s oversized coat.
4. THE BAG (ChloĂ© Faye handbag, $1790 from Matches Fashion).
Wear it now:Â With absolutely everything â€“ we can’t get enough of this cult ChloĂ© piece.
Wear it in winter:Â With a pop of colour â€“ try emerald greens and burgundy shades.
5. THE SHIRTÂ (MoochiÂ wrap shirt, $279.99)
Wear it now:Â With an A-line miniskirt â€“ looks for retro-inspired numbers in sleek velvet textures.
Wear it in winter: With cigarette pants.
6. THE BLAZERÂ (Camilla & Marc Dimmer blazer, $835)
Wear it now:Â Dress this structured number down in the weekend with your favourite pair of jeans.
Wear it in winter:Â Buttoned up with wide-leg pants.
7. THE LEATHER JACKETÂ (Deadly Ponies Pony Rider jacket, $1445).
Wear it now: When the evenings get cooler. Team with jeans and lace up top.
Wear it in winter: Keep the edgy feminine theme going and partner with boots and a floaty, floor-grazing maxi dress in a dark floral print.
8. The PantsÂ (Liam Hera pants, $229).
Wear it now:Â With something sleek and fitted up top, and these heels we’ve been dying to get our hands on.
Wear it in winter: Keep the cool season colourful and team these with autumnal hues: think rust shades, burgundy and mustard yellows.