Discover the Great Land on a 7-night Alaskan cruise for two in a Verandah Stateroom on board Holland America Line’s ‘Koningsdam’.
- Holland America Line 7-night Alaskan cruise for two (2) people
- AU$2,000 Air Credit per person
- select onboard main meals
- select onboard activities and evening entertainment
Total prize value $8,710.
Terms and Conditions – Holland America Line Alaskan Cruise
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to Australian residents only, 21 years or over.
- The competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- To enter, individuals must, during the competition period, visit www.mindfood.com follow the prompts on the competition entry page, input the requested details including the answer in 25 words or less to the following question “(Why would you love to win an Alaskan cruise?)” and submit the fully completed entry form.
- Competition commences on 04/03/2022 AEST. Entries close 10pm on 06/04/2022 AEST. The judging will take place at McHugh Media Australia Pty Ltd, 102/4-14 Buckingham Street Surry Hills NSW 2010 on 20/04/2022 by 12pm AEST. Winners will be notified by email. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter has one Holland America Line 7-night Alaskan cruise for two (2) people, valued at $8710.00
- Total prize value is AU$8710.00 (incl. GST) based on 26 Aug 23 (K361) as at 23 February 2022. Award and redemption of the Prize is subject to the winner agreeing to the Annexed Holland America Line Terms and Conditions.
- The winner will win:
(a) one (1) Holland America Line 7-night Alaskan cruise for two (2) people in a Verandah Stateroom on board the Koningsdam for the winner and their accompanying guest on select sailings during 2023. Subject to availability, the winner will have the choice out of the following itineraries departing: K332 (29 Apr 2023), K333 (06 May 2023), K334 (13 May 2023), K335 (20 May 2023), K339 (27 May 2023), K340 (03 Jun 2023), K341 (10 Jun 2023), K342 (17 Jun 2023), K346 (24 Jun 2023), K361 (26 Aug 2023), K362 (02 Sep 2023), K363 (09 Sep 2023), K367 (16 Sep 2023), K368 (23 Sep 23), K369 (30 Sep 2023) and
(b) AU$2,000.00 FlightEase® air credit per person (x2 people) (maximum AU$4,000.00) to be used on return flights from the winner’s nearest capital city to the departure and arrival port in Vancouver, Canada.
(collectively ‘the Prize’).
- The Prize includes:
(a) select onboard main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional cover charge);
(b) select onboard activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge); and
(c) taxes, fees and port expenses.
- Once the FlightEase® air credit is exhausted, all costs associated with transport to/from the departure port will be the responsibility of the winner and will not be borne by the Holland America Line. Pre or post accommodation, shore excursions or other onboard activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
- The winner and their companions are responsible for ensuring they have the necessary and valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The winner and their travel companions will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not having the requisite travel documentation. Itineraries are not guaranteed.
- Standard terms and conditions of travelling with Holland America Line will apply, including any applicable age restrictions and vaccination and testing requirements. See Cruise Contract at https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/legal-privacy-australia/cruise-contract.html, which passengers will be bound by.
- Two weeks after the original decision has been made if any of the winners cannot be contacted, any unclaimed prizes will be awarded to the next best entry(ies) as judged by the promoter at the same place as the original judging, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one entry permitted per person.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel within the nominated period, or does not take an element of the Prize within the time stipulated then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner. Redemption of the FlightEase® air credit is subject to any terms and conditions. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the FlightEase® air credit are not included. Any unused balance of the FlightEase® air credit will not be awarded as cash.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the competition is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter and Holland America Line collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter and Holland America Line using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media, including an email to all participants of the promotion, for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Holland America Line.
- In accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests by Holland America Line, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, and the winner grants Holland America Line a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for use.
- The winner agrees they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by Holland America Line in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time without notice.
- The Promoter is McHugh Media Australia Pty Ltd of 102/4-14 Buckingham Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. ABN 90 126 718 616. Staff, families and agencies of McHugh Media, Holland America Line and any third parties associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- The Prize Supplier is Carnival plc trading as Holland America Line (‘Holland America Line’).