Get Cate’s Oscars look
Get Cate’s Oscars look
As I see images of the Oscar stars feed through the MiNDFOOD website I look on with awe at how beautiful everyone looks. Sure they have all had a team of stylists, makeup artists and hair stylists work on them for hours, not to mention trainers, chefs and dieticians prep them for weeks in advance, but they still look lovely.
Once again Cate Blanchett is a stand out for me. The 44-year-old actress is nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role for her work in the film Blue Jasmine. Wearing an Armani gown glittering in Swarovski crystal the actress looks absolutely breathtaking. I was lucky enough to interview Blanchett a while ago and I can attest that with or without the Chopard jewellery the star is stunning. Her skin is luminous and she is a fabulous advertisement for the beauty company she has been supporting for twelve years SKII. Blanchett’s favourite SKII products include a serum, Essence and the moisturiser LXP. She is also a fan of the supplement chlorophyll, and drinks lemon juice in water in the morning. She claims that her fitness involves chasing after her three sons, but you can’t believe everything you read. While Blanchett has said that the thought of plastic surgery surgery scares her, the smooth forehead does suggest temporary help.
If you have a big night ahead, but can’t afford a team of stylists to prepare you there are things you can do to get you looking your best.
* Ensure your skin is looking fabulous by establishing a good beauty routine. Use a cleanser and moisturiser both morning and night. If your budget stretches to it, serums can really improve skin tone and texture. Use a serum after cleansing and before your moisturiser. Daily use of an eye cream is also recommended.
* Once or twice a week exfoliate your face and body. This will get rid of any dead skin cells that may prevent a clear complexion.
* Use a hair mask once a week. A hair mask is particularly important if you chemically treat or colour your hair. A mask with argan oil not only helps to encourage the growth of healthy hair, it is a great scalp moisturiser and leaves the hair softer and shinier. If you want to make your own hair mask mix some coconut and olive oil together and gently rub it into your hair. Leave for about 15-30 minutes, rinse and shampoo and condition as usual.
* While you may not covet the blinding white teeth seen on some actors, a dazzling smile with clean pearly whites looks great. Teeth whitening can either be done at the dentist or you can buy a kit from the chemist.
* If you like the bronzed look try a few different fake tans to find which one works best for your skin. The trick when it comes to applying your own fake tan is exfoliating the skin first, and applying a moisturiser to your elbows, knees, ankles, hands and wrists.
* Drink two litres of water every day and limit your intake of caffeine [tea, coffee, cola] and alcohol. Keeping well hydrated will keep your skin looking it’s best and prevent water retention.
* Eyebrows are one place where it definitely pays to call on an expert. Perfectly shaped brows improve facial symmetry and frame your eyes.
* Your frock, hair and makeup are null and void if your nails are looking shabby. Firstly if you bite or pick your nails, stop now. Every little pick is slowly weakening the nail eventually causing it to break. If your nails are weak and break easily try strengthening them from the inside. A daily cup of plain yoghurt will give you a dose of protein and calcium to help strengthen nails. The mineral silica also helps to strengthen fingernails. Using a cuticle cream daily will also help to keep nails in shape.