Start your journey to great skin health today
Start your journey to great skin health today
If your skin has been causing you a bit of bother over the last few weeks, you’re not alone. Stress has a pesky way of showing up on our complexion. Dehydration, blemishes, irritation, sensitivity and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, are just a handful of ways that our skin can play up when we experience stress.
With many of us currently battling skin concerns, now is the perfect time to start thinking about your skin goals and how you’re going to achieve them. And while it’s not currently possible to pop to your usual skin therapist or appearance medicine expert to get a professional skin treatment, expert advice is just a mouseclick or two away.
If you want radiant, resilient, healthy skin, it’s best to seek the advice of a professional. New Zealand’s leading skin-health expert, Skin Institute, has launched virtual consultations, which means you don’t have to push pause on your healthy skin journey.
Expert advice in the comfort of your own home
If you have been contemplating including appearance medicine in your skin-health journey, the knowledgeable and friendly experts at Skin Institute will help you figure out which treatments are right for you. Because our skin is unique and we all have our concerns when it comes to our skin health and appearance, the multi-disciplinary team – that consists of appearance medicine experts, nurses and doctors – take a bespoke and holistic approach to each individual.
Whether you are concerned about the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, the loss of volume, pigmentation, dehydration or sun damage, the Skin Institute team utilise cutting-edge treatments to deliver results. And an at-home consultation with a Skin Institute expert is the perfect opportunity to get the ball rolling and ask all those skin-health-related questions you’ve always wanted to know the answers to.
The Skin Institute team of experts are currently on hand to offer invaluable advice on various treatments and skin concerns. Perhaps you have a particular treatment in mind that you want to know more about. These are just a few of the treatments that the appearance medicine team can offer consultations on:
- Injectables – are used to soften frown lines, crow’s feet and horizontal forehead lines or to lift the corners of the mouth, smooth your chin, slim your lower face and define your jawline. Dermal fillers are also a non-invasive way to improve facial sagging which can occur as we age. They can be gently injected under the skin to restore your lips to a youthful shape, soften lip lines, reduce hollows under your eyes, make facial folds shallower and even enhance your chin. Skin Institute favours a natural look that retains movement, using lower doses and personalising your treatment to retain warmth and character in your face.
- Cooltech – an innovative, non-invasive, body-contouring treatment that works to reduce those stubborn fat deposits by freezing them. During the process, fat cells are frozen, crystalised and die before they are eliminated through your body’s natural processes.
- Dermal Needling – this game-changing treatment is often the go-to for addressing several skin concerns including sun damage, pigmentation, fine lines and even scarring. Dermal needling works to stimulate collagen, tighten skin and soften fine lines.
- IPL and Laser Hair Removal for hair reduction – the cooler months are the perfect time to consider a series of IPL treatments for hair reduction. An experienced appearance medicine practitioner at Skin Institute will be able to tell you if the treatment is right for you.
- IPL for skin rejuvenation – intense pulsed light – or IPL – can also be used to help improve overall skin health. It’s often used on those who want to even out skin tone and reduce pigmentation, sun damage, veins and even rosacea. The skin rejuvenating treatment is often used to target skin concerns on the face, neck, decolletage and back of hands.
It’s also a great time to rethink your approach to skincare and start planning a post-lockdown treatment that will transform the health and appearance of your complexion. The Skin Institute team are able to consult on general skin concerns and help you create the right skincare routine to address your needs.
An appointment is just a click away
When you book a virtual appointment – which you can do right here – you will be sent a personal link to start the consultation. There’s no need to download any apps or software for the consultation to begin. All you need is a phone with a camera or a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam as the consultations run via a secure medical platform called Doxyme.
You know you’re in expert hands as every consultation is with one of Skin Institute’s registered nurses.
If you don’t have a phone or computer with a camera or internet access, you can talk with Skin Institute to see if it is possible to do a consultation over the phone instead.