Please create an account
or Log in to subscribe


or


Subscribe to our RSS feeds Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Subscribe to our RSS feeds Watch us on Youtube View us on Instagram

Prince Harry and Prince William present united front to dispute ‘bullying’ claims

Prince Harry and Prince William present united front to dispute ‘bullying’ claims

Prince Harry and Prince William have released a joint statement condemning a media report stating “bullying” by the latter prompted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s decision to step back from royal duties.

Prince Harry and Prince William present united front to dispute ‘bullying’ claims

A spokesperson for the princes released a statement that criticised a “false story” in a UK newspaper concerning the brothers’ relationship.

“For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful,” read the statement.

It’s believed the story the statement refers to ran in The Times.

It claimed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex felt they had been “pushed away” due to the “bullying” attitude of Prince William.

The report also stated that claim was “contested by sources close to Prince William and others close to Prince Harry”.

With the brothers being committed to ending the stigma around mental illness, their joint statement took the opportunity to address the consequences of media reports on mental health.

William and Harry jointly launched mental health charity Heads Together with William’s wife Catherine in 2016, and they continue to campaign to change the conversation around mental wellbeing.

Prince Harry has also previously heavily criticised the media for invasive reporting and the subsequent negative impact on mental wellness.

When Meghan launched legal proceedings against the Mail on Sunday over the publication of a private letter, Prince Harry issued a scathing and emotional statement criticising the media for the treatment of his wife.

Harry warned against the “human cost” of the “relentless propaganda”, and said he could not “begin to describe how painful” it had been.

I have been a silent witness to [Meghan’s] private suffering for too long,” he said.

William and Harry’s joint statement was released ahead of their meeting with the Queen and their father, Prince Charles, to discuss the future of the Sussexes following their shock announcement they plan to step back from royal duties.

Following the summit, the Queen released a statement giving her grandson her blessing to “create a new life” with Meghan and son Archie.

She stated the family had “very constructive discussions” on the future for Harry’s family, and they had agreed upon “a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK”.

Share on Facebook Pin on Pinterest Share by Email

Post a Comment

© MiNDFOOD 2020. All Rights Reserved

Web Design Sydney