- Packed with antioxidants. As a high-fat plant food, olives are full of vitamin E which serves as a powerful antioxidant – shown to fight inflammation and reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer and
- A good source of iron. Black olives are a great source of iron, the mineral that helps develop red blood cells and transport oxygen throughout the body.
- Key to a healthy Mediterranean diet which experts voted the best diet of 2020.
- Boost bone health. Studies have shown those who follow a Mediterranean diet which is high in olive oil, may help prevent bone loss. Olives are also high in calcium, the mineral that’s essential for bone, muscle and nerve function.
Olive oils we love
Olive trees inspire thoughts of lazy days under blue skies, savouring delicious food. Extra virgin olive oil is the ‘liquid gold’ at the heart of Mediterranean cuisine, a superfood providing a unique, healthful flavour to cooking.
- Incredibly versatile, Cobram Estate Classic Flavour intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a combination of olive varietals creating a fresh, fruity aroma and a penetrating flavour that make it a great all-rounder in the kitchen. Extra virgin olive oil is uniquely rich in both monounsaturated fats and antioxidants. The healthy natural compounds in Extra Virgin Olive Oil have been linked to a wide variety of health benefits that are well researched as part of the Mediterranean Diet. So you can enjoy all the taste sensations of a top-quality extra virgin olive oil and give your body a boost every time you use it when cooking delicious meals for the family.
- Cultivated in the fertile red soils on the banks of the Murray River, the olives that are used to make Cobram Estate Light Flavour intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil are washed and crushed within six hours of being picked. This means that not only is the flavour enhanced but also that the natural goodness is captured, delivering the freshest antioxidants and other plant nutrients. That’s why it’s sometimes referred to as ‘liquid gold’. Cobram Estate Light Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a delicate taste and aroma that makes it ideal for everything from baking and making mayonnaise to frying fish and eggs.
- Cobram Estate Robust Flavour intensity Extra Virgin Olive Oil has all the deep, fruity, full-bodied taste you’d expect from a top-quality, first press extra virgin olive oil. It’s perfect for drizzling over pasta or vegetables, used in marinades or tomato-based sauces. Its complex nutty flavour can be savoured just by dipping slices of fresh crusty bread into a bowl of it. It adds another flavour dimension to this recipe and highlights the salty, tangy taste of the olives and orange peel. And you get all the health benefits from the powerhouse of antioxidants and plant compounds that only the freshest extra virgin olive oil contains.
To see their full range of delicious olive oils, visit cobramestate.com.au
Our favourite olive recipes
SMASHED ORANGE OLIVES WITH FETA
- 140g firm green olives
- 1⁄2 cup Cobram Estate Robust Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 140g feta cheese, chopped into pieces
- 1⁄4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves A few pieces of orange peel 1⁄2 tsp salt
Place the olives on a cutting board and carefully hit with the side of a large knife to crack them open a little. Place them in a bowl with all the other ingredients. Set the olives aside for half an hour at room temperature before serving.
Makes 2 cups of tapenade
- 200g kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp capers, drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Flavour Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Roughly chop olives, garlic, capers and parsley. Place in a bowl, add mustard and half the oil. Mix well. Add more oil to get the desired consistency. Season.