Embrace warm flavours and try our Spanish Chicken with Roasted Cherry Tomato Romesco Recipe. With smoked paprika, cherry tomatoes bursting with flavour, tender chicken and delicious olives you’re sure to love it!
Spanish Chicken with Roasted Cherry Tomato Romesco Recipe: Ingredients
Sherry Marinade Recipe
- ⅓ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp oregano leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium green chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 small chicken Marylands (2kg), trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g green beans, trimmed
- Sicilian green olives, pitted, chopped parsley, to serve
Romesco Sauce Recipe
(Makes 2¾ cups)
- 500g small punnets cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped roasted peppers
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
How to make Spanish Chicken with Roasted Cherry Tomato Romesco
1. To make marinade, combine ingredients in a non-metallic bowl. Add chicken. Allow to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large flameproof roasting pan over a high heat. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken, skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes on each side. Spoon over reserved marinade. Cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting twice, or until chicken is cooked.
3. To make romesco sauce, increase oven temperature to 220°C. Combine tomatoes, garlic and oil in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until blistered and split. Place half the cherry tomatoes, garlic, peppers, almonds, vinegar, paprika and cayenne in a food processor. Process to a chunky consistency. Transfer to a large jug. Stir in remaining tomatoes and cooking juices.
4. Heat a large oiled frying pan over a high heat. Add green beans. Cook, turning regularly, for 3 minutes, or until lightly charred and tender.
5. Serve chicken with beans and romesco sauce. Scatter with olives and parsley.