ROSACEA: THE CAUSES
The causes of rosacea are unknown, though the contributors to overreactive facial blood vessels and inflammation include genetic, environmental and vascular factors.
ROSACEA: THE CHARACTERISTICS
• Red papules and sometimes pustules on the nose, forehead, cheeks and chin.
• Frequent blushing or flushing.
• A red face because of persistent redness and/or prominent blood vessels.
• Dry and flaky facial skin.
• Aggravated skin from sun exposure or hot, spicy foods and drinks.
• Sensitive skin – burning and stinging.
• Red, sore or gritty eyelid margins.
• Enlarged unshapely nose with prominent pores and fibrous thickening.
ROSACEA: WE RECOMMEND
• Reduce lifestyle factors, such as excess sun exposure, that cause facial flushing.
• Avoid oil-based creams and make-up.
• Avoid applying topical steroids to rosacea.
• Use light, oil-free sunscreen.
• Minimise your intake of hot and spicy foods and alcohol.
• Keep your face cool and minimise your exposure to hot showers and baths.
We recommend using the AVEENO Active Naturals® Ultra-Calming range of facial cleansers and moisturisers that contain feverfew, which provides antioxidant activity and has been clinically proven to calm skin and reduce redness in as little as a week.