Prince William has revealed that Prince George is already ‘fed up’ with going to school, having only been there for three weeks. The excitement of starting school has apparently worn off for the young prince. After dropping George off at school, Prince William told a fellow parent that his son didn’t want to go to school. Like any child who starts school for the first time, it doesn’t take long for the novelty to wear off.
Here are five tips to remember as an adult when a child starts school:
- Be mindful that the child will be experiencing new things and new feelings, so try and see their point of view.
- Value open communication about feelings and emotional development.
- Give them some room in the new skills they are learning and remain invested in their development.
- Show empathy when it comes to dealing with them and try to appreciate they will have new structures and boundaries to work within when issues arise.
- Remember that the child’s experiences are theirs, not your own.