Natural Ways To Boost Your Energy
Natural Ways To Boost Your Energy
It is commonly believed that we lose energy as we grow older, but the level of energy one has in life is not so much connected to age as it is to state of mind. Naturally, when someone is coming to the end of their life and is more susceptible to disease, they may not have the same reservoir of energy and vitality as someone much younger.
The people who are at the most risk of ‘suffering’ a lack of energy are those who do not feel like they are living purposefully; they feel lost, overwhelmed and out of focus. They are scattered and are trying to live other people’s lives. Often their diets and lifestyles are not all that ideal.
The body and mind are inseparable in their interactions and, therefore, we need to be accountable for how our psychology may be affecting our overall health. For instance, distraction and lack of direction in life can be a major contributor to low physical energy. Often people spend their day carrying around a long list of tasks in their mind; things that they think they have to do, should have done, or could do. The mental energy expended just thinking about this never-ending to-do list can leave you feeling drained, lethargic and completely overwhelmed.
In today’s fast-paced world it is essential we learn how to delegate and not try to take responsibility for everything. Try putting this imaginary list on paper, reviewing it and then separating what only you can do from what you know you can delegate to someone else. Once you have done this you will not feel as overwhelmed and immediately more motivated and energized.
There are several other ways we can enhance our energy and vitality, without reaching for the coffee or cola:
- Prioritise your daily actions. When you fill your day with high priority, energizing and inspiring actions your day won’t fill up with low priority, de-energizing and despairing distractions. The former elevates your self-worth and the latter drains and lowers it.
- Prioritise what you eat. Eat the most vital and invigorating foods. Eat them with moderation, rhythm, and consistency. Eat to live. Don’t live to eat. Fuel your body with quality nutrients.
- Drink clean water – the universal solvent – more than sweet or falsely energizing drinks that initiate volatilities in your blood sugar levels that induce rises and falls.
- Do moderate exercise such as walking, swimming, yoga, or dancing.
- Breathe deeply and diaphragmatically until it is your daily standard and habit and you will have a tight abdomen and loose shoulders instead of tight shoulders and a loose abdomen.
- Do not eat heavy and lie down. Eat light at night.
- Read classical and inspiring books written by inspiring originators and masters.
- Document what you are grateful each day. When you are grateful for what experiences you receive you receive more experiences to be grateful for, and you will generate an increase in energy and physical well being.
By making changes to the way you approach your life and by placing greater emphasis on personal fulfilment, purpose and congruence with your highest values, you can enhance your vitality naturally, and without outside stimulants.
Dr John Demartini is a renowned entrepreneur and human behaviour expert, founder of The Demartini Institute and author of 40 books. For more information visit www.drdemartini.com