MiNDFOOD Producer of the Year Awards 2015
ENTRY HAS NOW BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY MAY 29TH
Please note- Entry form is at the bottom of the page. Please read below information first before entering
The MiNDFOOD Producer Awards 2015 aim to recognise the very best of Wellington region producers and to help the local region bring their products to a wider audience during Visa Wellington On a Plate. This is the third year of the Producer Awards.
In 2015, there are three General Awards and five Special Awards
• Best Established Small Business (Over five years old with annual turnover of less than $1m)
• Best Established Big Business (Over five years old with annual turnover of greater than $1m)
• Best Emerging Business (Under five years old and any level of turnover)
Runner Ups can be awarded in each category at the discretion of the judging panel.
• Established Exporter Award: opportunity to work in conjunction with New Zealand Trade & Enterprise.
• Emerging Exporter Award: opportunity to work in conjunction with New Zealand Trade & Enterprise.
• Outstanding Product Innovation Award: Based on Doblin Innovation Model
• Best Environmental Sustainability Award: opportunity to work in conjunction with the Sustainable Business Network
• Local Food Hero Award: This Award is based on nomination, not entry.
The awarding of the Special Awards is at the discretion of the judges. Not all Special Awards need to be awarded if the judges do not feel that any entries qualify.
KEY DATES- ENTRY EXTENDED
Applications open on Monday February 2, 2015 and close at 5pm on Friday May 29th, 2015. No late applications will be accepted. All applications must be made via the official Application Form.
The judging process of the MiNDFOOD Producer Awards is a two-stage process:
Stage One Judging is based on your online submission. No product sample is required for Stage One. Stage One focuses on your business and operation. The judges are keen to understand your ‘sustainability’- social, economic. environmental and financial. Please note you are required to provide financials (3 years profit and loss and a 1 year forecast). This information will be kept COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL. From the Stage One judging, up to FIVE finalists will be announced in each of the three categories no later than June 8th 2015.
Stage Two Judging requires a site visit and product sampling. Stage Two focuses on understanding the production/sourcing of your product, uses of your product, meeting your team, understanding your work environment and seeing your business in action. The Stage Two site visit will take place on Wednesday 1st to Friday 3rd July 2015. Finalists will be contacted directly to arrange these visits. Winners Announcement: All category winners and the MiNDFOOD Producer of the Year Award Winner will be announced at the MiNDFOOD Visa Wellington On a Plate Reader Event Dinner on Friday August 14, 2015, at Logan Brown in Wellington.
• ALL FINALISTS ARE PROVIDED WITH ONE FREE-OF-CHARGE TICKET TO THE MiNDFOOD DINNER ON AUGUST 14 2015. Additional tickets may be purchased via VisaWellingtonOnaPlate.com.
• Ideally, all finalists will be featured in the menu designed by Logan Brown for the MiNDFOOD dinner on August 15. It is requested, but not mandatory, that all finalists make product available to MiNDFOOD/Muse on Allen for this dinner. You are also invited to put marketing material into the gift bags that the event attendees will receive on the night.
The judges of the MiNDFOOD Producer awards are:
Michael Mchugh, Editor-in-chief, MiNDFOOD
Sarah Meikle, Festival Director, Visa Wellington On a Plate
Fran Wilde, Chair, Wellington Regional Council
Angela Brownie, General Manager, Business Growth, Grow Wellington
MiNDFOOD Producer of the Year Awards 2015 Entry Form
Thank you for entering and good luck.