Melbourne’s original and favourite Night Market will return to the iconic Queen VictoriaMarket from Wednesday 15 November for its biggest summer yet with a blockbuster 21-week season until 11 April 2018. The Night Market will celebrate its 20th year in the sun with a dazzling program of summer food, drinks, artisan shopping and live entertainment.
Famous for bringing relaxed summer fun to Wednesday nights in Melbourne, in 2017/18 The Night Market will gather more than 60 global street food stalls and festival bars; more than 130 artisan fashion, homewares and general merchandise traders; plus, a rotating line-up of buzzing live music and entertainment.
This summer season will see many new food and beverage traders debut at The Night Market, including:
- Gangnam Pocha – Korean street food featuring spicy rice cakes, sweet and spicy deep-fried chicken and sweet potato noodles;
- Poke Doke – Raw fish poke bowls and sushi doughnuts;
- Mitchelton Spritz – A new take on a summer favourite featuring Mitchelton Wines’ own Sparkling Cuvee; and
- Melbourne Gin Company – Classic gin cocktails with a Melbourne twist!
Night Market-goers can also revisit favourites from previous Night Market seasons, including:
- The Black Sheep – Traditional Greek barbecue cooked up by George Vagianakis whose CV includes Jacques Reymond. Think pulled lamb, pork and chicken souvlakis with sides;
- Taki’s Balls – Greek doughnut balls served with mouth-watering toppings like Nutella and salted caramel with crushed toffee popcorn;
- Running Bull Sangria – Red and white sangria. Olé!
- Garden Bar – A pop-up collaboration between summer’s quintessential drink, Pimm’s, and Coldstream Brewery.
When: 15 November 2017 – 11 April 2018
Where: Queen Victoria Market
Ticket Information: thenightmarket.au