A highlight on the Sydney food and drink calendar, March Into Merivale returns again this week. This time, time Merivale chefs are inviting diners to take a trip down memory lane with their first and favourite food stories. Bigger and better than ever, this year’s March into Merivale features over 60 culinary events including ‘Around the World with 80 Whites’, ‘European Laneway Festival’, ‘Just Desserts at Establishment’ and ‘More Smoke than Sizzle’. Of course, it wouldn’t be March into Merivale without the incredibly affordable $33 lunch and dinner deal available across Merivale’s many restaurants and pubs from est. to The Beresford Hotel.
The theme for 2014 is ‘Born to Cook’, looking at all our wonderful chefs and their first and favourite food memories, turning our kitchens into playgrounds.
The launch event will be held on Wednesday 12 February, showcasing the best food and drinks from over twenty Merivale venues – so be sure to pop it in your diary.
· Around the World with Eighty Whites (5 Mar) – Master Sommelier Franck Moreau’s world tour of international whites. Amazing wines and tasty nibbles at ivy’s The Den.
· European Laneway (9 Apr) – Yet again we’ll be transforming our European-style laneway into a twilight street fair featuring the Eurozone’s finest food and wine. Wines will be matched to food from the same region
· More Smoke than Sizzle (19 Mar) – Our Manly smokehouse and grill, Papi Chulo, crosses the bridge for the ultimate urban barbecue party at ivy.
· Just Desserts at Establishment (10 Mar) – This is the event for sweet tooths, featuring dessert stations from est., Mr Wong, Ms.G’s and Lorraine’s Patisserie. Our pastry chefs will let loose with live chocolate stations and ice cream churned with liquid nitrogen, served alongside delicious dessert wines and espresso martinis.
· Spanish Inquisition (1 Apr) – Take a trip with Peter Doyle to Michelin starred Spain and experience dishes from his favourite restaurants. Your itinerary will include Mugaritz (Andoni Luis Aduriz), Sant Pau (Carme Ruscalleda) and El Cellar de Can Roca (Joan Roca)
For more details, visit www.merivale.com.au