Whilst they’re delicious with a side of bacon, eggs also have hidden beauty benefits that can naturally boost your daily routine. Packed with vitamin A, E, D, B12 and B6, the fatty acids in egg yolks are great for getting smooth hair, skin and nails. Here are five to try at home:
- Rid yourself of dreaded dark circles that pop up under your eyes from time to time. Using only egg whites and a soft makeup brush, pat under your eye area, avoiding the lids. Leave for 5-10 minutes until dry and rinse off with cold water. The egg white will help to firm up the eye skin and lighten dark circles.
- Oily hair? No problem – egg white to the rescue! Whip an egg white and apply through your hair strands. Leave in for thirty minutes, then shampoo the mixture out with cool water. The egg white will help the hair to grow faster as well as get rid of any excess oil.
- If you’re battling dry skin, especially during these colder months, an egg and honey face mask can be highly beneficial. Break one egg and add in 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Mix and apply to your face for an instant burst of hydration! Wait for the mixture to dry and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Egg white is a natural anti-ageing treatment. It is rich in proteins and vitamins that help to brighten and tighten the skin, as well as smooth away those wrinkles and fine lines! Mix an egg white, 2 tbsp of honey and 3 tbsp of clay mud together. Apply the mixture to your face and neck and leave on till it dries completely. Once dry, rinse your face with cold water.
- Suffering from cracked or split nails? Soak your fingernails in a mixture of ¼ cup milk and 1 egg yolk for about ten minutes. Rinse with cold water. This quick fix promotes fast nail growth and instantly nourishes cuticles, strengthens nails and prevents nails from peeling and cracking.