Summer cooking is full of vibrant flavours, but can also easily slip into a little overindulgence. A simple and delicious holiday hack to boost nutrients in your meals, while adding a burst of uplifting flavour, Ocean Spray® Original Craisins® Dried Cranberries and Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce make the perfect addition to summer salads and dressings.
The natural sweetness of the dried cranberries pair beautifully with wild rice, roasted almonds and fresh mint. Garnish a mouthwatering spiced lamb with sweet and tangy Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce and you’ve got a show-stopping meal that’ll impress your guests.
Persian Rubbed Lamb Back-Strap with Jewelled Rice Salad
4 tsp sesame seeds
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp olive oil
700g lamb back-strap
200g Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Juice and finely grated zest of 1/2 orange
1/4 tsp ground allspice
Jewelled Persian rice salad
125g wild rice medley
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup radishes, finely sliced
70g Craisins® Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
Juice and finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp sumac
1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
1/4 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. For the Persian rub, toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat until golden. Grind the sesame seeds in a mortar with the rest of the spices, 1 tsp freshly ground peppercorns and 1 tsp fine sea salt.
2. Mix 3 tbsp of Persian rub with 2 tbsp olive oil and store the rest for future use. Marinate lamb with Persian mix and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
3. To make the cranberry sauce, combine Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce with the rest of the ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
4. For the Persian salad, cook the wild rice medley according to the packet instructions. Drain the rice through a colander with cold water.
5. Combine the onion, radishes and Craisins® Dried Cranberries. Add the olive oil, garlic cloves, lemon, sumac and a pinch of salt and mix well.
6. Combine the rice, nuts and mint with the radish and cranberry medley.
7. Remove lamb from the fridge and allow to bloom. Preheat a skillet pan to medium-high heat and cook the
marinated lamb back-strap for 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
8. Rest the meat for 5 minutes before slicing.
9. Serve the Persian salad with sliced Persian-rubbed lamb and a few dollops of cranberry sauce.
To see the full range visit oceanspray.com.au