Remove yourself from the grind of loud thoughts by creating a stylish in-home winter sanctuary where ideas and inspiration can thrive with these top tips.
How to create a winter bedroom haven
- Bedding – bedding with natural warming properties like goose or wool can look good and feel great. For sheets, flannelette is the go-to option, with woollen blankets giving that extra layer of cosiness in bed. For really cool nights, use a bedspread as a final layer of warmth before finishing up with a faux fur throw.
- Layering – nothing says cosy like curling up under a big, heavy blanket. Introducing rich textures such as velvet, faux fur or wool are perfect, with interesting fabrics easily winterising a room. A throw over the back of your couch or on the foot of your bed creates a sense of warmth, with soft velvet cushions adding to the luxe cosiness.
- Lighting – since it gets dark earlier in winter, creating a cosy space during the season is all about finding the right lighting. Swap cool white globes for warm white or incandescent globes to create a relaxed nook. For further ambience, fill your room with candles to help you unwind on those chillier nights.
- Colours – moody hues may be the go-to when the temperature drops, but this winter, try embracing some softer and unexpected colours such as blush, mustard and khaki. Timber is also a great way to add texture to your space.
- Flooring – the easiest way to warm up a room is to add a statement rug to it. Pick a new colour palette and invest in a rug as a focal point; earthy tones are particularly good for creating a warm and fuzzy feeling.