As busy mums and founders of Body Beyond Birth, Jackie Steele and Becky Dyer know how hard it is to take care of yourself when you’re a mum trying to survive the holiday season chaos.
Whether you’re running around gift shopping, preparing for holiday parties or spending more time looking after the kids, these ideas will keep you exercising and feeling fit this summer.
1. Don’t sit and watch your kids, play with them! Kick a ball or throw a frisbee around with your family.
2. Instead of going to the movies or shopping centre to escape the heat, head to the beach or local pool to refresh with a swim.
3. Take your family for a walk after dinner (a great way to digest after a big meal).
4. Rather than thinking all about the food at your next family BBQ, set up the croquet set, game of cricket or volleyball net and focus the day around an activity.
5. When your family asks what you want for Christmas, think about gifts that will encourage you to be more active i.e. surfing lessons, a new bike or stylish new active wear to get you motivated.