Take a look at these clever ideas for mastering dining room design.
The trend towards increased in-home dining prompted by COVID-19 lockdowns is set to continue a UBS report has found. Even fine-dining restaurants are responding by offering home delivery, with private chefs also noticing an increased demand.
If you feel your dining space could do with an upgrade, these fabulous dining spaces from the 2020 Houses Awards are sure to provide some inspiration.
1. Backless bench seating is a great option for the dining room. Pushed against the wall it doesn’t require as much space as individual chairs, and it can also make a space look bigger as there is less visual clutter than a regular chair.
2. An uncomplicated design that embraces simplicity, privacy, warmth, clean air and an abundance of natural light this clever dining kitchen uses the step to keep the benchtop one level while defining heights and spaces for the eating and preparation areas.
3. A seamless connection between the kitchen and outdoor dining space is stylish and very user-friendly. The louvered wall of the outdoor room acts as a great buffer while still allowing a sense of movement and life from the street.
4. The Glebe House has been designed to optimise internal volume and space by incorporating large voids and arched windows which flood the space with light and focus views out to the surrounding treetops.
5. The warm timber table and chair provide a welcoming contrast to the cool concrete floor in the Tulipwood House. The modern pendant over the table provides a visual balance to the rectangular table and compliments the curved shapes in the room.