HOLIDAY FOOD GUIDE – JAPAN: Green Tea & Cinnamon CrÃ¨me BrÃ»lÃ©e
6 egg yolks
120g raw sugar
500ml double cream
200ml fresh milk
10g green tea powder
2-3g ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 180C.
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until pale, then slowly whisk in
the green tea powder.
2. Combine egg yolks mixture, milk and cream into a saucepan over a medium heat
and simmer it for 15 minutes.
3. Add in cinnamon and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into ramekins and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely and refrigerate.
6. Scatter brûlées with raw sugar and gently caramelize sugar to create a hard
caramel layer with a blow torch.